More information for participants
Who is the ideal Camp Suzuki: Howe Sound participant?
- Lives, works and/or studies in B.C.'s Howe Sound or Greater Vancouver region, including Vancouver, White Rock, Richmond, Squamish, West Vancouver, Sunshine Coast and anywhere in between.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental sustainability and community engagement.
- Is between 18 and 30 years of age (consideration will be given to older or younger participants, depending on intent and experience).
- Has an interest in: Protecting, enhancing and restoring Howe Sound. Building and mobilizing an engaged constituency for Howe Sound protection. Contributing to public awareness about Howe Sound.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Creative and enthusiastic.
- Commits to both stages of the program (e.g., can arrange care for dependents, flexible work schedule).
- Completing or has completed high school, post-secondary, trade program or first few years of career.
When will applicants be notified if they have been accepted (or not)?
Applicants who are accepted will be notified by email within two weeks of applying. If you apply for a bursary, that information will come no later than May 2017.
Accepted applicants must either decline by email or confirm by payment and completed waivers within one week of receiving the acceptance email. The cost to participate will be confirmed upon acceptance and payment can be made online.
Participation will be confirmed once payment and documents have been received. Participants will be emailed instructions by July 1, 2017, regarding next steps, including what to pack, where and when to catch the water taxi, cellphone-use policy, etc.
Participants are expected to monitor their email for additional instructions and notices leading up to the start of camp on August 13, 2017.
Applicants not accepted into the program will be notified by email and asked to respond by email if they wish to be placed on the waiting list.